Wednesday, December 12, 2012

dairy free, gluten free, ?sugar free?!

This giant cupcake with an obscene amount of icing is what happens when this sugar deprived momma goes to the store by myself.... and then i start eating the icing in the car.... shameful.


So i got to go to the grocery store today, by myself!  we needed more cotton balls for finger/toe/injection site cleaning, and i NEEDED something ridiculously high in sugar to eat... we don't keep much in the house b/c i don't want joey seeing us eating things she shouldn't be having.  But i have a horrible sweet tooth, i mean it has historically been ridiculous.  Eating around my house has taken on a whole new meaning anyways.  I have to eat dairy free, mostly soy free and now we're eating gluten free too.  S & C can't tolerate dairy or soy if I eat it, and Joey and I (and the babies) have recently gone gluten free.... My poor husband is basically starving, or eating out, or eating whatever he can scrounge up. 
So what did I end up with today... That's right, this giant cupcake that i asked the bakery to put more icing on for me...i only eat the icing, so no flour and no dairy, impressively enough, also NO benefit to me nutritionally, but man, did that icing taste amazing!
I'm pretty sure this makes me a horrible mom, sneaking around to eat icing...
I'll work on being better.... when i'm done with the icing on this cupcake :)

http://jdrfevents.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=15320
go Team JDRF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment